Preserving this Moment in History in Clarke County
Regardless of your background and beliefs, we’ve all been affected by the changes brought on by the COVID-19 healthcare crisis. How did your love of the land grow even stronger during this unpredictable time? Show us!
Whether you’re spending your time beekeeping, gardening, hiking, biking, horseback riding, painting landscapes, cooking al fresco, taking wildlife photos, having office hours on your patio … whatever you do in the great outdoors of Clarke County to soothe your soul right now, we want to see.
- Contest entries are due no later than January 11, 2021.
- Please share your photos taken throughout 2020 – from January until December – that reflect how you coped with the pandemic, taking advantage of Clarke County’s uniquely wonderful open spaces.
- Photos must have been taken in Clarke County, Virginia.
- Photos will be judged on content, composition, and creativity.
- Photographers may submit as many as five high-resolution photos electronically or in print form.
- All community members are eligible to participate.
- For electronic images, send a separate file for each entry, with the file name including your name and a number (1,2,3, if submitting more than one), to email@example.com. Include your contact info (name, address, phone number, email address).
- Preferred size of photographs is 1 MB or larger at 72 DPI or more. You may submit smaller-sized images, but images with a low resolution are less likely to be considered as finalists.
- Maximum size of print images is 8” x 10”.
- Photo captions must accompany all submissions and should include a description of the subject in the image, the location, and the name of the photographer.
- Photos must be the original art of the entrant. Violators will be eliminated from the competition.
- The photographer is responsible for obtaining the permission of any individuals depicted in images.
- The photographer retains all rights to photographs submitted. By entering the contest, the photographer also grants the Conservation Easement Authority a nonexclusive right, in perpetuity, to publish images for the Authority’s purposes in any format, including on our website and in our publications or presentations, such as newsletters, emails, brochures, grant proposals, displays, and mailings. The photographer also grants use, in connection with the photo contest, of his or her name, city/county, and state in promotions and other publications. As conditions of this permission, the Easement Authority will credit all photographs with the photographer’s name.
- The Easement Authority will select three shots – first, second, and third places – that capture the essence of Clarke County during the pandemic, awarding $200, $100, and $50 prizes, respectively.
- Questions? Call Alison Teetor at 540-955-5134 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.